I have discussed with Microchip friends in many support tickets.
Even though I am a die-hard fan of MPLAB X and PIC, I still think that SAMR34 is better for the long run.
- SAMR34 = MCU + Lora Chip = US$5 - US$6.
- RN2903 = Lora Chip = US$9 - US$10
Software Defined frequency:
- SAMR34 - programme through AT command
- RN2903 - programme during writing firmware stage
- SAMR34 - no need
- RN2903 - need one more MCU to control
Extra sensor library support
- SAMR34 - many official naked source libraries based on ARM 32 bit.
- RN2903 - many crap naked source PIC 8 libraries based on web copies.
What is your choice then?