Problem with ATE feature working for winc1500 chip.

Go To Last Post
3 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi there! Want to get FCC testing of device based on winc1500 wifi chip. Started to prepare test features in MCU firmware, but got some troubles with it.

When i flashed standard firmware image (in winc1500) and used functions from m2m_ate_mode.c, got return M2M_SUCCESS, but nothing happens. Packages don't sends and don't receives. After that i tried to research this trouble in ASF code samples and started to think that firmware image for testing winc1500 its not the same image as standard winc1500 firmware image (for general usage). Am i right?

After that i found image_builder software with possibility to build ATE firmware image, but its not working at all. I tried to start scripts: generate_ate_image.bat and generate_normal_image.bat.

I tried 5 PCs with different versions OS Windows (10, 7), but always got one error, looks like:  

Failed creating boot firmware 

(ERR)Error in "build_boot_firmware"

Maybe anyone have firmware image with ATE testing feature working, or any examples of ATE usage? It will be cool if someone knows how to use image_builder software.

Big thanks for any help!

This topic has a solution.
Last Edited: Fri. Jun 7, 2019 - 06:28 PM
This reply has been marked as the solution. 

I found the solution. Half of solution is described in documentation.

http://ww1.microchip.com/downloa...

The other half - is to start ate_init after full initialization of chip.

That PDF document states

A factory flashed ATWINC15x0 module running the v19.6.1 firmware has a special ATE firmware in the
Flash space reserved for OTA transfers (which is overwritten by the first OTA update).

Does this mean that if you don't have 19.6.1 or up, you won't be able to run ATE?