LW Mesh v1.2.0 OTA

Go To Last Post
6 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi,

In latest version of the stack (v1.2.0) it has been removed the OTA: service, bootloader, and related tools (available since the first version)

Does anyone know the reason? Perhaps the service has been just removed, leaving its implementation in the hands of the user.

Besides the lack of documentation, I think it was an VERY useful feature...

Regards,

Rober

P.S.: http://www.atmel.com/images/ligh...

Last Edited: Fri. Oct 16, 2015 - 01:46 PM

It has been removed because proper re-implementation is in the progress. And hands of the user, of course :)

Old OTA code should work fine with this stack.

BTW, how did you get this link? The link on the official page has disappeared during the update. I'm working on fixing that.

NOTE: I no longer actively read this forum. Please ask your question on www.eevblog.com/forum if you want my answer.

alexru wrote:
It has been removed because proper re-implementation is in the progress. And hands of the user, of course :)

We, here, deployed a testbed based in LW Mesh v1.1.0 and we upgrade the nodes' firmware on a regular basis, by means of a lightly modified version of the included OTA service. It performs well enough. But yes, there are always room for improvements... a recovery mechanism for lost packets? :)

You make a great work... but, of course, is always needed a personal touch from the user :).

alexru wrote:

Don't worry, we are working on that...

alexru wrote:
BTW, how did you get this link? The link on the official page has disappeared during the update. I'm working on fixing that.

Good question! :). We noticed that there was a new version of stack's documentation and since we couldn't find a link for the code, we used web.archive.org to get the complete link for the last stack version, rewrote the link using the version number that you mention in other post, and voila! (yes, patience isn't one of our virtues).

The link is fixed now.

NOTE: I no longer actively read this forum. Please ask your question on www.eevblog.com/forum if you want my answer.

alexru wrote:
The link is fixed now.

Thank you Alex.

Hi,

alexru wrote:

Quite so!, old OTA works seamlessly in the new stack.

Regards,

Rober