How to use the USB bootloader on AT97SC3205T-SDK2

Go To Last Post
3 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I tried to do a search for my question, but the search function seems to be down. I have a AT97SC3205T-SDK2, and the user guide says that I should be able to use the USB bootloader to load the TPM  demonstration software images or to load the SAM4S ARM demonstration software. The kit has a JTAG connector that can be detached from the kit and connected to the mini JTAG connector on the board. This will allow the reprogramming of the SAM4S ARM. 

The document does not give more details about how I would go about doing either of items above. It does point me to the Cortex M4 Microcontroller document. I have read 350 pages of the 1250 pages and do not see anything about how to use the usb boot loader or how to detach the JTAG and use it with the mini JTAG. So I like to ask if anyone knows where this is explained. Although I am learning a lot by reading the Cortex document, I just do not have the time right now. Is there some sort of KB or a video tutorial somewhere that would explain how to accomplish either of these tasks. 

Last Edited: Thu. Feb 18, 2016 - 01:45 AM

You can use SAM-BA to update the flash via the USB. 

I downloaded all the files relevant to Windows 7; the actual SAM-BA installed with no problems. The drivers however are not compatible with Win7. I finally used libusb-win32 to install a driver for this board. Is there anything special I need to do to install the drivers, which come with SAM-BA?