Does WSNmonitor install on WIN7_64 bit?

Go To Last Post
3 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi,

I tried installing the WSN monitor from the BitCloud Zigbit demo and it hung up during installation, everytime. It stops just before it tries to create the atmel/WSNMonitor folder. I suspected this might be a problem with installing on WIN7_64 bit version. So, I checked the install req'ts and saw it needed jre 1.6.

I uninstalled the java rte 64 bit (using Programs & features) and installed the jre 32 bit version. That got it past this point.

The WSNMonitor now starts up, the USB Stick BitCloud driver recognizes it and assigns it COM6. When WSN Monitor tries to connect it gives "network connection" error.

Has this WSN Demo worked on anyone's WIN7_64 bit computer?
Thanks in advance!

Asking a better question, is the beginning of learning.
New Hardware Hackers SIG in San Diego, CA Meets 2nd. Tuesday, more info www.Spincraft.com

Last Edited: Fri. Oct 16, 2015 - 02:18 PM

Is the hardware part tested for proper working?
Quick test will be to open hyperterminal and configure to the same UART settings as per WSN Monitor and check whether you get "GHOST" as output.

Note: WIN7 dont have hyperterminal so try equivalent terminal application or google it you will find answers.

Thanks for your reply.
I checked out the hardware by using WIN XP computer.
WSN monitor works OK with that setup. Its just WIN 7_64 bit that seems to be the trouble.
best regards

Asking a better question, is the beginning of learning.
New Hardware Hackers SIG in San Diego, CA Meets 2nd. Tuesday, more info www.Spincraft.com