Configuring SAMS70 for use with 128Mbit SDRAM and external LCD controller

Go To Last Post
6 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello everybody, I'm new to Atmel MCU's and I'm working on a new project with the SAMS70. I noticed that the Bank Select lines for the SDRAM (BA0 and BA1) are also the A16 and A17 address lines. I need to be able to use these lines to access my external LCD controller.

Are these designed to act as address lines when access the static memory controller without conflicting with the SDRAM BA[x] functions?

Thanks!

This topic has a solution.
Last Edited: Wed. Dec 14, 2016 - 05:23 PM
This reply has been marked as the solution. 

Solved: Yes, they're designed to work without any conflicts. When your code accesses SDRAM, the SDRAMC uses A16/17 as BA0/1 and when your code accesses other EBI devices via the SMC they act as A16/17.

SBK_Lou wrote:
Bank Select lines for the SDRAM (BA0 and BA1) are also the A16 and A17 address lines. I need to be able to use these lines to access my external LCD controller.

Just curious, what LCD are you using? I am looking for one to use with my SAM4S.

"When all else fails, read the directions"

The LCD controller is a S1D13L01 from Epson and the LCD is a 800x480 5" TFT with resistive touch from AZDisplays. This LCD controller can only do 8 bits/pixel for that resolution but that's all that my application needs.

They also have a 7" display with the same resolution that they just droped the price down on.

Does the controller and LCD come assembled or you have to build the board?

"When all else fails, read the directions"

The Epson controller is on my main circuit board which then connects to the LCD flex cable.