BTLC1000 without any host controller

Go To Last Post
7 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello Everyone. I am planning to use BTLC1000 in my next wearable project. I have few questions. As BTLC1000 got CortexM0, I am planning to use BTLC1000 without any extra host is it possible? If I am programming  BTLC1000 what are the tools are necessary? I am comfortable with Atmel AVR Studio 6.1. I would like to add application code on top of BLE protocol stack. will it work without disturbing the BLE Stack?

Thanks in advance.

Naveen

Last Edited: Sun. Dec 6, 2015 - 11:16 AM

Yes you can use it for basic applications. Go through its software design guide for further details 

http://www.atmel.com/Images/Atme...

Salman Ali

Has anyone done this, used the BTLC1000 standalone? I've read what documentation there is and the one recommended above, for instance, says nothing about using it standalone, the document starts with a diagram showing an external host and goes on from there. I see nothing in there about putting code on the device itself, where you put it, how you interface with the Bluetooth stack. Is there a document which does talk about this? 

I'm looking for a simple BTLE controller to go in a keyfob with very limited required functionality and small footprint would be helpful, so if the BTLC1000 will go standalone that might be a solution. 

Since BTLC1000 does not have in-built flash, it is not possible to write custom application on BTLC1000. SAMB11 is the standalone BLE device with in-built flash can be the best choice.

Is it possible to directly write the code to RAM in atbtlc1000, and then execute from RAM? Of course I need to have the system powered on all the time.

How do you send the code data to BTLC1000? how can you ensure the device will be always powered on

Hi Meeko_percii

Thanks for the reply. The BTLC1000 is already soldered on a PCB, and I can use the SWD to send the code. Also the whole PCB can be powered on by a battery during the whole process.