ATWINC1500 AT Commands

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi,

I have selected the ATWINC1500 Wi-Fi module specifically because it has the option of control via AT commands and I need to use Wi-fi direct. I am using the WINC1500-XSTK Xplained Pro development kit. I have 2 questions.

Question 1

I followed the instructions on the document "ATWINC1500 AT Command Reference Guide" and programmed in the Wi-Fi Firmware (download_all_sb_samd21_xplained_pro.bat) and the AT Command Firmware (download_at_cmd_rev_b_samd21_xplained_pro.bat). Then having found a newer version of the Wi-Fi Firmware I tried programming that into the module. However, the AT Command firmware does not appear to work with the more recent version. I can't find the version number of the AT command firmware stated anywhere but the name of the directory is REL_ATWINC1500_AT_COMMAND_V0_9_1_20160311, so it seems to be version 0.9.1.

To be clear, with AT commands it appears that:

Wi-Fi Firmware version 19.4.4 = WORKS

Wi-Fi Firmware version 19.5.2 = DOES NOT WORK

Is there a more recent version of the AT Command Firmware? If not, does this mean Atmel are not going to maintain the AT Command Firmware? If this is the case I don't think it would be wise to use it in a new product.

Question 2

When I try to connect using Wi-Fi direct I get the following output in my terminal program:

AT+P2P=P2P_NAME,1
+OK+P2P
+EVT+CONN=192.168.49.93

The IP address displayed is the local IP address (that of the WINC1500). How do I get the remote IP address (that of the Group Owner) ?

Best Regards and thanks for any help.

Hi,

I have downloaded the AT firmware for ATWINC1500 with both files((download_all_sb_samd21_xplained_pro.bat) and the AT Command Firmware (download_at_cmd_rev_b_samd21_xplained_pro.bat)

from the directory REL_ATWINC1500_AT_COMMAND_V0_9_1_20160311.

I was able to program it successfully but the after this I dont see any response for START command and the AT commands is not working.

Kind Regards

Don

JK

Hi,

I did get it working with the AT commands.

To start the AT command mode you have to send a set of values in binary ('A5 01 F2 00 00 0C 00 0C 00 61 2F 52 EF'). I did this by creating a file with the values in and, using TeraTerm, I sent the file in binary mode. From then on you can just type in commands.

However, I have had no response from either this forum or Atmel them selves regarding whether they will support the AT commands in the future (it is already very out of date as you have to use Version 0 firmware). I believe it may be OK for 'one off' designs but I don't think it is suitable for production.

I may use the module over the SPI interface but only if I cannot find an alternative, since Atmel's technical support seems non-existent I would prefer not to use it at all. If anyone from Atmel or else where can suggest how I get technical support I would be very grateful. I am concerned about the longevity of the product if there is no longer support by the manufacturer.

Best of Luck!

Alison

Hi ,

I am currently working with ATWINC1500 using AT firmware. I want to send data using P2P mode.I have already able to  CONNECT IN P2P MODE using the following commands

AT+P2P=P2P_ABC,6

+OK+P2P

+EVT+CONN=192.168.49.191

Now i want transfer data through UART ,Can anybody tell how to proceed with this.

Kind Regards

David

JK

Hei, I'm interested in your project, I'm trying to do the same...Did you find out a solution?