Atmel Studio 7.0.1645 won't compile its own example program [SAML21J18B XPLAINED]

1 post / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I am using Atmel Studio 7.0 and trying to run the Timer/Counter sample project. I select it as shown for my device:

Choosing sample program

I select the modules that I want to use. As you can see the option to continue is grayed out for some reason. It only lets me continue if I add the Delay Routines module:

After I Add>> the Delay routines module, I can then hit Apply and Summary.

If I add certain arrangments of modules though, I can no longer compile the program. I get errors referring to undefined functions and other stuff even when my include path seems to have everything in it. What's going on here? Does this thing let the user keep adding modules and removing them to create a custom sample project? How is that supposed to work if the top level .c main file is unchanged?

Edit: I notice if I change "polled" to "callback" that may cause a failure during compilation because that change only gets propagated partyway, perhaps. This especially messes up if I change TC to polled, which I want, although it always gets imported as callback. Is there no implementation of TC as polled?

Last Edited: Mon. Feb 4, 2019 - 02:07 PM