Bitcloud APS and ZDP binding

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi,

Can someone explain what is the difference between APS and ZDP binding?

In the example applications found in the BitCLoud profile Suite 1.7.7 (megaRF), in bindManager.c :

once a ZDO match descriptor response is received the bind manager performs an APS binding followed by a ZDP binding. If I understand correctly the APS binding will add a suitable entry in the APS binding table of the primary binding cache? What the ZDP bind request for?

Any help is much appreciated :-)

Last Edited: Fri. Oct 16, 2015 - 02:31 PM

APS binding creates a local binding entry and ZDP binding asks a remote device to do the same.

have a closer look to the addressing, then you see it. The ZigBee Spezification PDF does also explain all the requests very well :-)

Hi, thanks for your response. Yes you are right the srcAddress and dstAddressa are reversed.

But why do we need to ask the remote device to store the binding information locally? I thought all binding entries are held in the primary binding cache (which usually resides in the coordinator). I think I have read all the clauses relevant to binding and discovery in the zigbee spec but maybe I missed something.. :?

Could you perhaps explain more? Or point me to the right place in the spec?

This was the case in earlier ZigBee versions, but now every device could have it's local binding table. (you can control it's size with the config server CS_* stuff).

For larger networks this makes absolute sense since coordinator doesn't have to carry all that data, more memory friendly. :)