Bitcloud,Zigbee code transfering from AVR1284 to AVR1281

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi All

As you all know there are issues with ATmega1284.

I have just made an RF230 based PCB, which i need to test out using an AVR.

So i am planning to make a small AVR1281 PCB.

Thr bitcloud stack have RAVEN and Zigbit.

So i presume i must use Zigbit.

Would i be correct in saying that only change between the RAVEN and Zigbit files are the libaries? If so then i could just copy and paste all my code from one folder to another.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

For this test, i am thinking about using a standard CORD image on my USB stick generated from RAVEN files. Then using Zibit files to make an ENDdevice image, and then using WSN monitor to observe a connection.

Should i need to do anything else?

Regards

DJ

Thanks

Regards

DJ

Last Edited: Fri. Oct 16, 2015 - 02:36 PM

djoshi wrote:
As you all know there are issues with ATmega1284.

What issue?

djoshi wrote:
Please correct me if i am wrong.

You are right.

djoshi wrote:
Should i need to do anything else?

Nope. Do as planned.

NOTE: I no longer actively read this forum. Please ask your question on www.eevblog.com/forum if you want my answer.

Quote:

What issue?

Atmel are not making them available. So no one can base a true design on the Raven as there's one of its chips that cannot be purchased. What Atmel should do is make the Bitcloud stuff available for a micro that is available. If it's written for a 1284 because of the 16K SRAM then it needs re-engineering to make use of an external SRAM on something like a 1281. This is yet another case of Atmel having seriously shot themselves in the foot with their inability to deliver silicon. I'm sure their RF stuff would be in widespread usage if it were implemented on hardware that was actually available.

Yeah that the issue which is also effecting me

Thanks

Regards

DJ

clawson wrote:
Atmel are not making them available.

Was not aware of this.

NOTE: I no longer actively read this forum. Please ask your question on www.eevblog.com/forum if you want my answer.