3 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Win 10

Microchip Studio 7.0.2542

Using Atmel Start, I've successfully created the example solution: 

ATMEGA328PB-XMINI-TOUCH-PROJECT
QTouch Mega328PB Xplained Mini Selfcap Example with OnBoard Sensors

I can successfully build and run the debugger.

I am trying to see and set my touch thresholds but don't know how to get hooks in to that data. Being a newbie-ish, not sure what functions to call etc. (Documentation appears to be non-existent.)

Whether the project is running using Start with Debugger or Start without Debugger, I open QTouch Analyzer and I see "QDEBUG_SERIAL - COM10" in the drop down and when I click "Connect" it fails to connect
If I try to open Data Visualizer it says "Exception thrown by the target of an invocation".

In the Atmel Start QTouch Configurator, in the Pins section, I ensured "Enable Data Streaming" is checked, and the RXD / TXD pins are identical to the USART pins.

Any advice as to what I should do/try next?

*As a note to the director at Microchip, I moved to Microchip's QTouch PTC product line because as I was starting to develop with Texas Instrument's products, I found them to be a cluster **** with tools and documentation. I am disappointed to be having a similar experience with Microchip. I used to actively develop embedded systems well over a decade ago and now, shaking of the dust, getting back into this I was expecting all companies to have their "A" game on by now....in other words, getting up and running should be smooth. My belief is that the smoothest experience will result in sales.

I'm experiencing the same problem, but with the SAM D21 Xplained Pro Evaluation Kit.

Did you find a solution?

Same experience here - so disappointed. I have bought ATTiny3217 XPro, ATmega328P-XMini, ATMega168PB-XMini, ATTiny817-XMini and the DM080101 Water Tolerant Touch boards  hoping to get into some capacitive touch solution work. I have been out of this area for 20 years. I too struggle to work out why it is so hard in this day and age. When you buy an "Example solution" board you expect that at least one example would fully work including data visualizer and the documentation would guide you through it step by step (what to do and why).

Can anyone please tell me what has to be done in code to enable a program to connect and interact with the Visualizer; as it seems to me that it is a software enabling type problem not hardware. Also, to the right of the "Save csv file" in the banner I see "No Kit Connected", yet Atmel Studio sees it?

Last Edited: Thu. Jul 15, 2021 - 11:59 AM