sending a string from one microcontroller to another microcontroller wirelessly

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

hi guys,

I am trying to make my college project for which i am using atmega16 controller and i wanted to send a string from one controller to another controller wirelessly can anyone suggest me how i can do it and which module should i use and please attach the code if possible. And i was thinking about rf transceiver is it possible to send string data through that. please suggest code if possible. Thank you

ASHUTOSH MEENA

Last Edited: Tue. Jun 23, 2020 - 02:50 PM

Do you have to use the Atmega 16? Perhaps the Arduino would be a great start with the nRF24L01 transceiver. 

"When all else fails, read the directions"

sir, actually i am more familiar with atmega 8/16 than arduino. to be honest i never used arduino in any of my projects till now thats why i prefer atmega16 over it. I can try using it if u suggest its more useful and btw u didnt mention can i send string data over nRf24L01 from one mega to another???

ASHUTOSH MEENA

Check out this library. Has support for many AVRs to use with the nRF24L01. The Arduino or ATMEGA328 isn't much different then that of the atmega8/16, so that shouldn't be an issue with adopting the library for the ATMEGA8/16. If you are familiar with reading and setting registers, you should be fine. 

The nrF24L01 supports sending 32 bytes of data at a time. Keep in mind, a string is an array of chars and a char is represented by a byte :) - so yes it supports sending a "string".

Good Luck

"When all else fails, read the directions"

Last Edited: Thu. Jun 25, 2020 - 12:05 AM

thank you so much sir

ASHUTOSH MEENA