UF2 bootloader with Samd21Xplained pro

Go To Last Post
3 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi all, I'm honestly struggling with this and I'm to the point where I will pay someone to get a working solution, I'm desperate.

I just want to get the microsoft/adafruit UF2 bootloader working with this development board in the hopes of getting a custom board up and running with the bootloader.

My goal is to have the bootloader sourcecode working in atmel studio where i can tweak and add ASF modules and configure the board with some basic functionality and then all other non-essential code be done with UF2 files over USB.
I've tried the makefile atmelstudio tool  but I'm new to atmelstudio and samd21 and It's just a lot of curve balls to get going.  the ASF and Atmel start projects seem like great ways to grab the reigns but being force to work in a gcc or makefile project is throwing me off, do i have to go this route?

Any assistance, guidance or knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Last Edited: Sun. Jun 7, 2020 - 03:09 AM

The bootloader is just the means to get the application onto the micro - why would you want to modify it?

Hmm, i see the error of my ways i think. I was hoping to have some basic functionality intact in the event of a user error and a non functioning device but i think that can be dealt with alternativly.

Do you think im forced to follow the unix environment method?
I've been trying to get chocolatey working on windows with powershell and ive got gnu make functionality working.

Im seeing many errors though, Im having trouble telling if im missing things in the environment path or if i need to have dependancies installed.. the errors seems somewhat cryptic.
File not found etc yet its reading the directory and makefile supplied