Atmel SamD10 Xplained not detected

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello everyone, I need some help with setting things up. I have an Atmel SamD10 and install Atmel studio, but it is not showing up in the studio. Then, I went to check the device manager, and my Win10 doesn't seem to detect the device (the light is blicking on SamD10, so there is a connection). I unplug and re-plug in the device but it doesn't seem to change anything in the device manager, whereas I plug in my mouse, it will refresh the device manager. Also, there is no "driver-installing" icon showing when I plug in the device, is that normal? What driver do I need to have my window 10 detect SamD10? 

Thanks for your help!

Last Edited: Wed. May 6, 2020 - 09:05 PM

No driver... Check the USB cable (swap it if you can), and try another USB port that you know works

:: Morten

(yes, I work for Microchip, yes, I do this in my spare time, now stop sending PMs)

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Microchip’s positions, strategies, or opinions.

Do you know how to manually install the driver? For some reason, my computer won't automatically install the driver with a different USB port. The orange light is blinking when I plug in the device, can I assume the USB cable is working? I don't have another one USB cable, or I need to buy a new one.

... there is _no driver_

If it does not enumerate in the Device Manager at all, then it is not connected (as far as the operating system is concerned). Orange blinking usually means boot mode, so try to do a manual firmware upgrade: https://onlinedocs.microchip.com...

:: Morten

(yes, I work for Microchip, yes, I do this in my spare time, now stop sending PMs)

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Microchip’s positions, strategies, or opinions.

Thanks for your prompt response. I tried to use the command prompt in Atmel studio to upgrade the tool with the following command "atfw.exe --all -t medbg" However, it says "failed initializing tool". Do you have any other suggestions for approaching this