Problem in pairing a Bluetooth module to computer

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi fellas

I am trying to connect my computer to a Bluetooth module named "HC-08" which is similar to HM10. Since my computer has not Bluetooth version 4.0 I had to use a USB dongle (CSR) which has Bluetooth version 4.0 on it. With this dongle my computer can see name of module but failed in pairing. I also did it with Microsoft Surface Pro 3 which has a Bluetooth version 4.0 on it and it did not work, neither. For better understanding of my situation I should say that I configured HC-08 to "Slave" mode by AT Commands. Is there anything that you can suggest to me? Specially for HC-08's configurations.

Sincerely,

Last Edited: Fri. Oct 16, 2015 - 12:25 AM

Hi

I've got an idea. I have been through this before.

And I had to open the bluetooth settings and from COM ports, add a new com port and select the type of it incoming. The new port for your computer will be installed.

I couldn't connect to BT without this. Hopefully it will help you.

Hi
Problem is also with android

Even if these comments are a few years old:

Mohsenrah wrote:
Hi Problem is also with android

You can use "Serial Bluetooth Terminal" on Android. I still have problems to receive my "Hello World" test data ... but I receive some data (diamond with question mark).

sbtekin wrote:

And I had to open the bluetooth settings and from COM ports, add a new com port and select the type of it incoming. The new port for your computer will be installed.

To create a outgoing seriell connection I have to choose a device ... I can only choose some which were already connected before.

My laptop (lenovo x230t) has BT4.0, which should support BLE ... Looking into the driver settings I can see:

• "[...]Central-Role "Low Energy" = True"
  • "[...]Peripheral-Role "Low Energy" = False

Sooo ... If I read this correct, I should be able to establish a BLE connection.

If have found a "Bluetooth LE Explorer" (https://www.microsoft.com//p/blu...)...

I can find the device (HC-08) but the paring fails anyway.

Last Edited: Thu. Feb 20, 2020 - 12:13 PM