ATSAMD21G18A custom board not working

Go To Last Post
7 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hello everyone! This is my first post...

I've built a breakout board for the MCU with the minimum number of components (schematics attached),
but I can't program it with the atmel ICE! Atmel Studio does not recognize the chip and give "Error 4109".

I double checked the welds with a tester and there are no short circuits and the voltage on the VDDCORE pin is about 1.2V.

What could be the problem?

Thanks
Mattia

Attachment(s): 

The schematic seems not to match the board (e.g., missing pin headers). How do you connect the Atmel ICE?

/Lars

You're right! Header attached :)

I connected the MCU with SWDIO, SWCLK, +3V3 and GND to the ICE. The same connection works with Adafruit's ItsyBitsy M0.

Attachment(s): 

No reset?

SWD interface
The RESET line should always be connected so that the Atmel-ICE can enable the SWD interface

/Lars 

I think is not mandatory, also Adafruit's ItsyBitsy M0 works with this connection scheme.

I give it a try to connect the RESET line :)

Thanks

I've soldered another board and now I can see the MCU with the ICE...but i can't program it!

I receive this error:

Severity: ERROR
ComponentId: 20100
StatusCode: 131100
ModuleName: TCF (TCF command: Device:erase failed.)

Timed out waiting for the chip erase to complete

what could it be?

Someone used the autorouter didn’t they? Bypass caps need to be located close to the pins on the chip. I got called in to solve a similar problem with a saml21. Solution was to junk the pcb and design properly.