SAM R30 MiWi Mesh Example - Change message

Go To Last Post
9 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi everyone,

I'm working on MiWi Mesh Example Project, with 3 SAM R30 Boards. I want to have a PAN Coordinator, one coordinator and one End Device.

I made the 3 example project (respectively Pan coord., Coord. & End Device), uploaded them to the 3 boards, and I see nothing interresting on Tera Term (just some bu***it on the Pan coordinator like

"              &5å End Device-0x0001M4
                                            +ø¸ PAN Coordinator-0x0000é4ÿÿ
                   ñr End Device-0x0001ÿ
                                        §x4× Coordinator-0x0100.4
         YfKA PAN Coordinator-0x0000<4"....

My question/request is simple: I want to send a message (like "hello World" or a variable) to all the devices, using Mesh (I want later to have a bigger distance than in star).

What sould I do ?

Why did the example project shows some stranges things on Tera Term ?

Thank you,

E.T

Attachment(s): 

Last Edited: Wed. May 30, 2018 - 09:12 AM

For all your answers, thank you.

get the Workshop from Masters 2018: 

22083 IoT5

Developing Wireless Applications Using The Next Generation MiWi™ Mesh Protocol Stack

Microchip’s MiWi™ protocol stack is a very powerful, flexible, yet lightweight wireless networking stack, on which complex wireless applications can be built.  The MiWi protocol supports a number of networking topologies including Mesh, Point-To-Point (P2P) and Star. These features are realized in a stack whose memory footprint is as small as 16KB.  The newest generation of the stack, MiWi 6.0, has now been implemented on the ARM® Cortex®-M0+ core, for both the SAMR21 and SAMR30 best-in-class 2.4GHz and Sub-GHz RF transceivers, respectively.  MiWi 6.0 combines the best features of both MiWi PRO and LwMESH networking protocols, into a brand new and robust stack.  This new MiWi protocol class will explain in-depth the MiWi 6.0 Mesh topology, along with other new features. The lecture portion of this class will cover topics such as what are the new features of MiWi 6.0 and how to build complex wireless applications using MiWi. The hands-on portion of the class will teach students how to make changes to the MiWi stack and develop wireless applications using the MiWi Mesh Networking Protocols. The labs will feature Microchip’s IEEE 802.15.4 compliant single-chip solution that combines an ARM® Cortex®-M0+ based 32-bit microcontroller and RF transceiver, the Xplained Pro development platform and the Studio 7 Development environment.  This class will be of great interest to students who are interested in creating wireless networking applications, but who are not TCP/IP or Zigbee® experts.

I am interested in the same things with MiWi mesh.  The answers you refer to are not seen on the message board.  Can you post them please?

I am also interested in the same things with MiWi mesh.  The answers you refer to are not seen on the message board.  Can you post them please?

I suggest to review Masters 2019 which will take place on August 2019 in Phoenix Arizona to ser if there is more courses related to MiWi. In Masters 2018 the SAMR21 was used, I have not tried with the SAMR30 (the Sub-giga option) but I think it should be possible to do the same, the examples are already in ASF.

Attachment(s): 

Sorry but we cannot open your attached file, I think it's corrupted. 

Hi I was wondering if I can control GPIOs of each end device in MiWi MESH using UART via RealTerm (I was able to do it using MiWi sample firmware but it is done using the WSN monitor GUI) and the command reference of MiWi is not documented.

Thanks

The Mesh PAN-Coordinator has 2 roles to perform

1) Manage the network 

2) Send commands to the WSN tool in a predefined format (http://ww1.microchip.com/downloa...)

in the 2nd operation the Sensor value, the node address, LQI ,rssi etc... are send to WSN monitor tool in a predefined format, the message format is defined in the link ->  http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/atmel-42619-wsnmonitor-communication-protocol_at14341_application%20note_at14341.pdf

The the junk values( ("just some bu***it ") that you see on the serial port are the Check sum , start sequence code and the end sequence code. 

a phoenix will rise from the ashes at the right time and at the right place