Want to port ATAES132A library on STM32F777II

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi,

I want to use ATAES132A in one of Our IOT project. I want to access ATAES132A on I2C and my host controller is STM32F777II. I want to port ATAES132A library on STM32F777II.

I have gone through the ATAS132A library user guide  but it is not very descriptive regarding porting, Can any one guide me how to port the ATAES132A library on STM32F777II.

Regards,

Suhas

Porting the ATAES132a library is possible but would take a bit of work. The ATAES132a works over i2c, but the trick is to port all the code to generate the MACs. I would suggest grabbing a SAMD21 explained pro and trying out my tutorial on the ATAES132a . The code preforms most of the functions by example and could help you out. 

Good luck.

"When all else fails, read the directions"

Hi Philly,

Thanks for inputs. But we have already used STM32F777II controller in our product and I need to interface ATAES132A with it. can you please guide me / tell me the steps to port your code on STM32F777II.

It will be great help to me if you guide me as I am new to ATAES132A chip.

Thanks and Regards,

Suhas

There is no easy way to port code, it is just work. Most of the implementation code specific to the ATAES132a (aes132_impl.h and aes132_impl.c) can move over as it's written in C. You will have to make some changes, but the heavy lifting is spelling out in the code. You just need to change how the STM32F777II implements i2c.

Generally when I need to port over some code, I follow the following steps:

1. Read the Datasheet of the applicable code. In this case the ATAES132a. Then read it again.
  2. Crawl through the example code I provided. If I recall, it demonstrates a bunch of useful functions
  3. See how the ATAES132a reads, writes and takes commands over i2c.
  4. Start easy, like just asking the ATAES132a its serial number. This is a great way to know if you are communicating correctly.
  5. Then learn how to read the configuration, then how to write to it.

"When all else fails, read the directions"