ATSAMB11-ZR210CA not working..

Go To Last Post
6 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi, We have designed the ATSAMB11-ZR210CA module for an beacon application and programmed using AVR Jtagice3 debugger and rebuild example code's ibeacon and GPIO quick start (simple key press and LED on/off) application. 
Device ID (0x2000B1) and programming was successfully done, but its not working / booting and no debug messages on the console terminal. The same code is working properly with SAMB11ZR Xplained Pro evaluation board.
Kindly clarify the root cause for the issue. 

Attachment(s): 

Why no 32khz crystal?

Its an secondary clock for RTC function and 32khz crystal is mandatory?.. for SAMb11 working. Also we have tried with connecting 32.768Khz clock but still no response from the module.

I think the 32khz crystal is mandatory for bluetooth communication.

Also I have ~1000 SAMB11-MR210CA modules, of which ~15 do not work with a crash in the bootloader/startup because it cannot calibrate the 32khz clock.

Thanks for the swift response...1 will check and revert back

I'm having similar RTC issues.  I'm using atsamb11-zr210ca.  Of the 22 boards we built so far, one gets stuck in startup.  The RTC oscillator does not start on this one.

The boards we're not built with the same 32.768khz crystal used on the xplained board.  The xplained board uses ms1v-t1k-32.768khz-7pf-20ppm.  I tried swapping our crystal for this one, but still have the same problem.

We're starting production volumes in February, and I'm very concerned that we'll see a number of these boards fail.