Making SAMV71Q21B Xplained Ultra Evaluation Platform works

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi,

I'm in charge of evaluating ATSAMV71Q21 processor.
To do so, I have two Xplained Ultra Evaluation Platforms : one with a ATSAMV71Q21 processor and one with ATSAMV71Q21B processor (second revision).

To test it, I create a new project using the example project "Quick Start for SAM MCAN Driver - ATSAMV71-XULTRA".
Everything works fine with the ATSAMV71Q21 (first revision), I can send and receive CAN frames at 500 kbit/s but it does not work with the ATSAMV71Q21B processor (second revision), the CAN bus is initialized at 78.128 kbit/s.

In the toolchain's files and directories, I ave noticed that some of them are name samv71q21b.*, which, I guess, are specific for the second revision of the processor.
I tried to change the device target in the projet's settings but it still does not work.
Then I tried to create a new project from scratch, but I can't select the ATSAMV71Q21B set up for the Xplained Ultra Evaluation Platform.

I guess the clocks initialization is different with ATSAMV71Q21B.

I'm using Atmel Studio v7.0.1188 with package ATSAMV71_DP up to date (v2.0.95, v2.0.107, v1.1.61) and ASF v3.33.0.640.

Here are my questions:

1. How can I set up an existing project made for ATSAMV71Q21 to work with ATSAMV71Q21B ?
  2. Is a document that describes what has been added/changed into ATSAMV71Q21B ?
  3. Do Atmel plan to update their example so it will work with second revision of this processor ?

Thanks for your help
Alex

The same problem arose today in my project.

We have bought Xplained Ultra Evaluation Platform with ATSAMV71Q21 processor, but -as it turned out- it is assembled with Revision B processor.

The example doesn't work with this processor.

I've experienced the same with the CAN bus.

Another bug has been found in an Atmel Start generated project.

I've tried to generate an Ethernet/LWIP project in Atmel Start. In the generated code there is the hri_matrix_v71b.h file which contains two main bugs.

The Matrix struct has no member named 'CCFG_DYNCKG'. (But it conatins CCFG_DYNCFG, thus it can be repaired easily.)

The file tries to use several undeclared macros such as CCFG_DYNCKG_BRIDCKG, CCFG_DYNCKG_MATCKG, CCFG_DYNCKG_EFCCKG etc.

It uses the matrix.h from the device packs. I've updated the ATSAMV71Q21 pack, thus now it uses Version 2.0.107.

I've attached the generated hri_matrix_v71b.h file.

Thanks for your support!

Attachment(s): 

Did you resolve this issue?

Very interested to know for my own project

--

I think I'm seeing the same problem on a custom board based on Xplained Ultra (same crystals and io mappings) but with a N21B processor. I'm trying to use 500kpbs CAN but it's coming out at 204Kbps instead. When I go back through all the dividers it seems like the signals going into PCK5 are based on 2.5Mhz instead of 12Mhz. If I change the PCK5 scalar or the quanta the CAN baud changes proportionally.

Did you every sort out the correct includes or settings?

Hi ,

SAMV71Q21B has updated CAN IP to support latest CAN-FD spec.

The driver you used for A version was not compatible with B version.

You can update Studio 7 ASF to the latest and try to create a new CAN demo.

Best Rds