I am trying to use the AES132 in Legacy Command mode(I am a beginner and minimum need for an application, hence not using advanced features of this IC as of now).
The process used is described below.
1. I loaded a key in the Keyspace by directly writing into it. See the snapshot. (Aces studio gives this facility to directly write keys)
2. Write the key configuration registers value 0x01000009
3. Checked the chipConfig register, which is already 0xC3 ( the legacy value is enabled)
4. Used command builder tool to give command :
0x19 (number of bytes in command)
0x00 ( Parameter 1: upper byte 0x00 always)
0x02 ( Parameter1: key ID for aes key) Q1: is this correct way to address key id(for key02)?
0x00 ( parameter 2, upper byte)
0x00 ( parameter 2, lower byte)
0x54 0x65 0x73 0x74 0x5F 0x41 0x45 0x53 0x31 0x33 0x32 0x5F 0x63 0x68 0x69 0x70 ( in ascii "Test_AES132_chip") 16 bytes
5. Still it is showing error in return status register ( 0x04, 0x80, 0x1B, 0x00)
It should return the Number of bytes, Return code 0x00(ok), encrypted 16 bytes ciphertext and CRC1,CRC2
Q2: Is the error is with ACES studio? because the total number of bytes are (count+opcode+mode+param1(2)+param(2)+16+crc(2) = total should be 23, not 19)
Q3: Right now chip configuration memory is unlocked editable state. Is locking the configuration memory is necessary before doing any encryption operation at all?
Kindly see the images attached with the reply. Hope this post help others also who are starting with this IC.
@anha631: expecting your valuable guidance.