New Arduino Genuino Zero, EDBG impossible to upgrade with Atmel Studio 7

Go To Last Post
2 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi there,

I'm an electronics engineer @ Ghent University working with Arduino for a long time and just switched to Arduino Genuino Zero because of the hardware debugging feature. Arduino advertises the addition of an embedded debugger as one of its most important features, which provides a full debug interface without the need for additional hardware, significantly increasing the ease-of-use for software debugging.

But now, I have exactly the same problem as described in this postCould I ask if a better (real) solution is available, instead of renaming the C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0\tools\EDBG directory to _EDBG ?

Furthermore, with the Arduino Genuino Zero attached, the Atmel Studio 7.0 starts with the page Arduino ZERO - 0362, the details about this board is unknown. Would there be any fix available for this ?

Thanks so much !

Johan

Last Edited: Fri. Mar 16, 2018 - 01:45 PM
Total votes: 0

From memory, AS7 will upgrade EDBG chip on the Zero if it needs to. Likewise, the Arduino IDE will install the correct bootloader after your AS7 project has trashed it.
I only have the original Zero Pro board that is now called M0 Pro. But I suspect that a current production Zero will behave the same way.
David.

Last Edited: Fri. Mar 16, 2018 - 08:55 AM