SAM C21 multiple square wave frequency inputs

Go To Last Post
5 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I've been going over the datasheet for the SAM C21 E17A and I need to read in a 978, 1030, and 1090 MHz as square waves and output a 1090 MHz using the waveform generator. I'm new to this but I have figured they need to be input using the TC/TCC channels. I have to hurry up and get the schematic laid out so I can order my PCB because of the lag time and I'm not sure if each wave input needs to be on it's own TCC channel or not. So far I've got it on 
1030 IN to PA08 (TCC0/WO[0])

978 IN to PA10 (TCC1/WO[0])

1030 OUT to PA14 (TC4/WO[0])

1030 IN to PA15 (TC4/WO[1])

I'm pretty sure this will work and I just have to code it but am I on the right track? Should I change up the inputs to all be on the same TC/TCC or do they need to be different?

BrownKuma wrote:
I need to read in a 978, 1030, and 1090 MHz as square waves and output a 1090 MHz
  1.090 GHz ???

Not with a SAM C21!

Edit: emphasis

David (aka frog_jr)

Last Edited: Thu. Mar 8, 2018 - 03:55 AM

So clarification from my team member on the project:

those were the carrier wave frequencies and there is an RF unit that will convert it to pulse widths of 0.45us within 44mHz clock. It's a mode s transponder.

so in this case would I still be using TCC? would they all be able to be on the same TCC with different pads or should they be seperated? My guess is they should be seperated but I figured I would ask since I can't find much info on it.

The samc31 could probably generate the 1 Mbps signal but ot would probably struggle with 4Mbps reception. How many cpu clocks per bit? Not many. Either choose a much faster cpu (100MHz+) or add hardware assistance.

Kartman wrote:

Either choose a much faster cpu (100MHz+) or add hardware assistance.

I apologize for being new at this (this is for my senior capstone project and first project I've done besides simple mods to RPI or software simulations of very small things) but is there any direction as to what hardware I could add? I have been googling and coming up pretty blank as far as what I need to be looking for.

Also... not finding any samc31 But the ATSAME51 seems to have what I need as far as I can tell. The requirements that I've been able to figure out are 2 CAN modules, 6 UARTS (4 of which I need for RS485), 2 SPI (can settle for 1 SPI and use SS for the two devices), and not sure what else I need for decoding the DPSK interrogation and generating PPM reply. I am not sure if I need to be using TCC, CCP, PWM, etc for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.