Where can I find a list of Arm devices with the number of USB Endpoints they support?

Go To Last Post
3 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi,

I've been looking through the Atmel site and this information is just not obvious.

I want to move a highly composite USB device design, currently working on an XMEGA, to an Arm core MCU for the additional processing power.  However I can't find a simple list of the Atmel Arm devices with the number of USB Endpoints they support.  Even digging around in the detailed documentation of some of the chips with USB does not tell me what the maximum endpoint number is.

Could someone please point me to something which gives this information?

If people from Microchip are reading this, please add the number of USB Endpoints to the parametric search!

Thank you in advance,

Lee

Last Edited: Sun. Jan 21, 2018 - 02:20 PM

I wouldn't mind knowing this too. Last time I checked (before the Microchip buyout) I couldn't find any Atmel SAM MCUs with more than 8 endpoints. Worse still, most of those are unidirectional.

The XMega's USB controller is streets ahead of SAM - 32 bidirectional endpoints versus 8 - but you probably know that already!

Steve

Maverick Embedded Technologies Ltd. Home of wAVR and Maven.

wAVR: WiFi AVR ISP/PDI/uPDI Programmer.

Maven: WiFi ARM Cortex-M Debugger/Programmer

https://www.maverick-embedded.co...

The new 300MHz CortexM7 range supposedly have 10 bidirectional endpoints.

I don't understand why, if Atmel had the USB device template for more (from the XMega), why they would then reduce it for a chip which is much more capable processing wise.

Lee