ATSAMB11 datasheet

Go To Last Post
3 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Is there a full datasheet somewhere? All I can find is a ~50 page version. Compared to 1000+ pages for SAMD21 it doesn't really reveal much.

I'm designing a BLE-device that reads some sensors, I2C most likely, and sends the data to a smartphone app. Needs to have low current consumption. Is SAMB11 good for this? Or is it better to have ATBLC1000 + a host processor, which could be SAMD21 or a 8 bit AVR. The documents are quite confusing about this.

Can BLE be used with these devices without ASF or is it more or less a must? I haven't found any documentation about the BLE API.

It's seems very difficult to design a PCB for the SAMB11 module, since you don't know much about it. Questions keep on coming and I can't find a source for answers.

Which programming tools does the module support? Would JTAGICE3 work? B11 is not listed under it nor under SAM-ICE.

Does it have an EEPROM or do I need an external one? Can it measure Vbat as is or do I need to add something on PCB?

Maybe it is just better to use some other brand BLE module?

It's actually quite easy to design for the MR210CA module. Just a couple of components and easy hand soldering during prototype phase.

The B11 uses SWD. I'm using Atmel Ice or the Power Debugger (ICE is faster)