Installation of SAM ICE Driver on Windows 7

Go To Last Post
4 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

I have the Atmel SAM ICE, and installed the JLink V510o as well as the driver-atmel-bundle-7.0. I have Atmel Studio 7 running also. At the end of the JLink setup, I got a prompt for replacing the dll file for Atmel studio and DS5, which is another IDE on my machine. I replaced both dll files with Jlink's. After fiddling with it for a while, I was able to install the JTAG driver. I am now trying to push the TPM demo to the board, but I get an error when I want to read the Device Signature. By the way, this used to be called in Device ID I believe. I am looking at the tutorial videos and that is what it is called in the video. I got an error stating "Read voltage 0.0V is outside selected device's operating range: 1.6 V to 3.6 V." After searching online a bit, I saw a post about the same issue and the advice was to change the speed. I tried changing it to automatic and changed to to some manual values also. I do not know if there is a specific speed, and where to find it. Any help is appreciated.

Here is the hardware and firmware info:

SEGGER J-Link Commander V5.10o (Compiled Feb 25 2016 18:51:37)
DLL version V5.10o, compiled Feb 25 2016 18:50:59

Connecting to J-Link via USB...O.K.
Firmware: J-Link ARM V8 compiled Aug 26 2015 15:08:21
Hardware version: V8.00
S/N: 28023138
License(s): RDI, GDB
OEM: SAM-ICE
Emulator has Trace capability
VTref = 0.000V

Type "connect" to establish a target connection, '?' for help
J-Link>

Last Edited: Mon. Feb 29, 2016 - 09:58 AM

I know it's a stupid question but is your board powered up?

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

Yes. There is a red light that comes on when I connect the board to the pc via usb. I also connected the JTAG cable to the board, and it is connected to another USB port of the same pc.

Last Edited: Sat. Feb 27, 2016 - 06:05 PM

I don't seem to be able to connect to the board with J-LINK