development kit and board

Go To Last Post
8 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

what development board and other accessories would you recommend for learning about TPM functionalities? I am looking for hardware that can be used in mobile devices.

* Moved to a place where someone may be able to help you. Moderator *

Last Edited: Thu. Jan 21, 2016 - 01:05 PM

I, for one, have no idea what TPM is...maybe others do or maybe you want to clarify.

John Samperi

Ampertronics Pty. Ltd.

www.ampertronics.com.au

* Electronic Design * Custom Products * Contract Assembly

Last Edited: Wed. Jan 20, 2016 - 08:07 PM

Thank you so much for the reply. I am looking for a board, with Trusted Platform Module support. I also like the board to have hardware, which is used in smart phones or tablets. The later is just so I know I can use the results of my work on these devices later. I am looking at AT97SC3205P-SDK2 Development Kit right now. Do you know if this would address my requirements? I found a document about AT97SC3203 here: http://www.atmel.com/images/doc5... which states support for mobile devices. I wonder if I can safely assume that AT97SC3205P would be the same. Does any one know?

Wow I guess I should not count on timely response if I buy the board.

Last Edited: Wed. Jan 20, 2016 - 09:06 PM

ShahinA wrote:

Why do you say that?

I hope you do realise that this website is owned by Atmel, but run by volunteer users of Atmel products. As such the vast majority of the users have not heard of the cutting edge product releases such as the "Trusted Platform Module". Your questions and doubts about likely future product support would probably be best directed to the Atmel head office or your local field applications engineer. We are mere mortals at this level.

Cheers,

Ross

Ross McKenzie ValuSoft Melbourne Australia

... and...

you have asked the same question in 3 different forums of this website. This is a "no-no". So I will lock the other two.

Please continue, or not, in this thread.

Ross

Ross McKenzie ValuSoft Melbourne Australia

js wrote:
I, for one, have no idea what TPM is...maybe others do or maybe you want to clarify.

I'd not heard of it either. Google says:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tr...

so apparently he's talking about cryptographic chips.

As such he has come to completely the wrong forum as all AVRs are about as insecure as it's possible to make a piece of silicon. No device is more protected than $500 worth of "hacking" will cure.

However, there is a community/forum near here that would be a far better place to ask about this kind of thing:

https://community.atmel.com/forum...

Suggest the question is re-asked there.

* Moved as suggested. *

Last Edited: Thu. Jan 21, 2016 - 01:05 PM

clawson wrote:

However, there is a community/forum near here that would be a far better place to ask about this kind of thing:

https://community.atmel.com/forum...

Suggest the question is re-asked there.

Yes, that is a good place for the OP post if you wish to complain you are not getting a timely response after waiting a whole 2 hours.

I should have been more polite. I apologize to everyone of you. Hope that in the future I can show that I am not such an impatient person after all:-) I'll have a look at the other forum. For what it is worth, I was having a "character building day" yesterday.

Oh and thank you for identifying the right forum and moving my question.

Last Edited: Thu. Jan 21, 2016 - 01:37 PM