BitCloud v3.3 migration problem

Go To Last Post
6 posts / 0 new
Author
Total votes: 0

Hi guys,

I have some problem with my project (based HADevice) when I tried migration from BitCloud v3.2 to v3.3. Most interesting that this error is on HADevice project too.

Repeat as follows:

1. Install BitCloud v3.3. Remove folder ...\BitCloud_MEGARF_3_3_0\Applications\HADevice

2. Copy HADevice project from v3.2 to v3.3.

3. In makefile replace S_Nv.c to S_Nv-ATmega.c (according BitCloud SDK 3.3.0 Migration Guide)

4. Then build project. Error produces at end of the compilation process (in attached file).

I would be glad of any help. Thank you!

Attachment(s): 

This topic has a solution.
Last Edited: Thu. Oct 15, 2015 - 09:54 PM

The linker is complaining that whatever it is asked to put into the "access" region does not fit the maximum size specified for that region in the linker script.

Presumably the newer version has bigger code/data in that section?

Regards

Senthil

blog | website

Total votes: 1

Yes, check linker script differences. I'm currently out of the office, so can't check that myself.

This access section is a very small section that contains pointers to NVM access functions located in the bootloader. And since something has changed in the NVM area, that stuff might have been affected as well.

This will create problems for OTA updates, so please publish your findings here.

NOTE: I no longer actively read this forum. Please ask your question on www.eevblog.com/forum if you want my answer.

But I don't use OTA and boot sections has turned off via fuses.

I almost do not know how linker works. Could you advise me any steps to remedy this situation?

Total votes: 1

It is also used for PDS.

Check the differences between files in the linkerScript directory on both projects. And move corresponding changes to your old project.

NOTE: I no longer actively read this forum. Please ask your question on www.eevblog.com/forum if you want my answer.

This reply has been marked as the solution. 

Thank you, Alex!

alexru wrote:
This will create problems for OTA updates, so please publish your findings here.

Two lines are important

in atmega256rfr2.ld

access (rx)   : ORIGIN = 0x0003FFF0, LENGTH = 16

in lnkm256rfr2s.xcl

-D_..X_CSTACK_SIZE=700    /* 2048 bytes for auto variables and saved registers. */

Last Edited: Fri. Oct 2, 2015 - 07:51 AM